Strategic networking involves having a memorable presence both online and offline. This means you need to differentiate yourself so you stand out from everyone else. To do this effectively, you need to uncover your distinctive personal brand and develop your memorable elevator promise that is unique to you.
Your distinctive personal brand will:
- Provide you with a clear focus.
- Establish you as a thought leader.
- Project a positive and memorable impression.
- Generate interest and open up more doors of opportunity.
- Influence hiring decisions.
In addition, you can use your personal brand to:
- Develop a compelling elevator “promise”.
- Share your unique value proposition on your website or resume.
- Use on your social media profiles to differentiate you from others.
- Showcase your skillset when you are networking.
- Demonstrate how you add value for employers or customers.
- Provide a fresh perspective to your public relations outreach.
Next, you need to confidently address the most common question asked during networking: “What do you do?”. Rather than answering this question with the typical list of facts which will make you sound like everyone else, you need to describe what you do in terms of an elevator “promise” which is a more personal and impactful approach.
You will stand out from others if you are able to communicate your unique value proposition to your target based on their needs versus spitting out information about yourself. By distinctively addressing how you can help and add value you will create positive chemistry with those you interact with which makes you more memorable.
Click continue to uncover your distinctive personal brand and develop your memorable elevator promise that is unique to you. At the end of this process, you will be well on your way to uncovering, defining and communicating your unique value proposition that is key to achieving your networking goals.