The holidays are here! But for many of us, this comes with a lot of stress. It’s not like your normal stress went away, but now on top of that there is the added stress of the holidays and everything that comes with that.
To help get you through the next month and beyond, here are some 5-minute “fixes” to help lighten your mood and relieve some of your stress during the holidays. Try one or more, preferably more and give yourself the gift of no stress! Many of these you can do just about anywhere.
- Breathe deeply – slowly breath in and out for a minimum of two minutes.
- Get up off your chair and stretch.
- Turn off all electronics. Ok, I know that is hard, but try for 5 minute increments and go up from there.
- Smile. You may not feel like it, just do it.
- Listen to music and dance if you feel like it. Minimally at least bop to the beat.
- Take a break. That’s it, just stop what you are doing and just veg.
- Go on a social media hiatus. Just for a day to start and reach out directly to a friend instead.
Enjoy your Thanksgiving!
PS: For stress free networking, try the Network PRo Toolkit!
Share this post on LinkedIn and Twitter: